Place: - Senegal
Publication Date: 10/11/2017
Our African desk at AW is seeking to recruit a COO - key member of the senior management team - for one of it's client involved in higher education tech startup. The mission is to transform the lives of young talents, through skills-focused education.
Unique opportunity to contribute to solving one of Africa’s largest problems
- Support young people to achieve their full potential through education and technology.
- Create positive impact in Africa through meaningful work.
- Maintain control of diverse business operations.
- Secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Lead the day-today operations within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Develop and implement business strategies, annual operating plan and procedures.
- Keep the CEO fully informed of the any material deviation from plans.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth; sustain competitive position.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Evaluate business performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Participate in expansion activities (funding, investments, acquisitions, corporate alliance). Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Strong leadership skills and experience gained working at fast growing companies? — preferably linked to technology and/or education.
- Excellent business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
- Great analytical and technical abilities.
- Proven experience in operations leadership role.
- Understanding of business functions of tech companies.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- MSc/MBA or equivalent professional qualification