For one of our clients, a well known freight forwarding company that has an office in Lyon. We are seeking to recruit a Business Developer with experience in freight forwarding.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Demonstrate the ability to develop and grow the business by developing new client relationships and enhancing existing ones.
* Manage customer relationships and participate in the negotiations and closing of strategic opportunities.
* Be able to take initiatives to communicate and liaise with other departments to make sure customers’ requirements are met
* Identify new ways to maximize revenue.
* Be able to discuss projects with customers, offer advice on the best possible solution and obtain the necessary information to allow an accurate quotation to be prepared.
* Produce a monthly report measuring key performance indicators specifically around quotations, pipeline, product sales, and forecasting
* Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
* Attend global conferences and exhibitions as required.
Qualifications and Skills
* Be a highly motivated and passionate professional, ideally with experience in the international logistics/freight forwarding industry - Minimum 5 years experience.
* University degree or equivalent in International Trade and / or Logistic, Supply chain
* Be able to demonstrate and prove a track record of positive results derived from sales to key accounts or a number of accounts in an identified area.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to meet new people, either in person or via telephone, and quickly establish rapport.
* Ability to travel to designated markets
* Excellent presentation skills required.
* Self-starter, able to work independently without extensive supervision.
#marketer #sales #freightforwarder