Place: Abidjan - Cote D'Ivoire
Publication Date: 20/12/2021
For one of our client a successful Trading firm with headquarter in Europe and various offices in Africa, we are seeking to recruit through our AWA (Ampersand World Africa) services, for Abidjan - Ivory Coast a Trading Operator expert in Cement and building material.
- Ensuring proper execution of trades administration with business partners by driving supply chain schedules and daily updates directly with suppliers, customers, ship owners/brokers, port agents and other stakeholders;
- Ensure and track that cargo and shipping commitments are fulfilled
- Obtain, issue documentary/shipping instructions with the various stakeholders (suppliers, customers, banks, ship owner/brokers, etc…) and organize surveyors, inspection, etc. where required.
- Ensure nomination and timely acceptance of vessel in close coordination with the Chartering Managers/Shipping dept.;
- Ensure that all measures of mitigation are in place to avoid any risks, disruptions, losses related to vessel operations/trade execution;
- Is responsible for the issuance and control of any laytime calculations and claims with ship owners, suppliers and customers;
Commercial degree in international trading, shipping, logistic, freight forwarding or similar education and experience
min. 5 years of experience in trading, shipping, freight forwarding and operations with preference to dry bulk cargoes;
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical competencies / job knowledge: Good understanding of product line values, properties and usages for various type of customers (Integrated plants, Grinding Stations, distributors, construction sites, etc…). Solid understanding of international seaborne trading and maritime regulations and logistics. Knowledge of Trade Finance tools (letter of credit, documentary collection, payment terms and payment instruments). Knowledge of laytime calculations concepts and specific shipping terms.
- Cultural and language Skills; Bilingual English and French