Place: Abidjan - Cote D'Ivoire
Publication Date: 20/12/2021
We are actively looking through our AWA (Ampersand World Africa) services, for a Trader of Building Materials to reinforce the existing team for one of our clients, a trading and logistics company active in the sector of building materials distribution (especially cement). Expertise in Africa is requested. Position is based in Abidjan (Ivory Coast).
- Procurement, trading, and coordination of dry-bulk commodities.
- Maintain an existing portfolio and develop additional clients.
- Collect and report market intelligence on import flows, prices, volumes, products.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers on deliveries and forecasts.
- Working with our other departments and suppliers to secure logistics and vessels for deliveries.
- Ensuring that the new business will turn into a long-term relation and repetitive business.
- University degree, preferably in engineering, logistics, business management, or a related field.
- The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in the Commodity Trading Business.
- International Trade, Cement Industry or Logistics field with Africa.
- Must be fluent in English and French, and any other languages will be an asset
- Adequate knowledge of Products (cementitious materials and/or building materials).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Teamwork-oriented with very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills: Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Being dynamic, goal-oriented, and flexible.
- Willingness for extensive overseas travel and international mobility.
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment.