Place: German Swiss - Switzerland
Publication Date: 12/07/2021
For one of our clients based in the German part of Switzerland, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Lawyer for the Legal support of physical commodities trading.
- Advising on various aspects of business activities of the Company with physical commodities (commercial physical trading, prepayments, deferred payments, reports, etc.).
- Drafting, reviewing, and commenting on transactional documentation.
- Negotiating transactional documents with clients and counterparties, documentation governed by English law.
- Developing and updating template transactional documents governed by English law and drafted in the English language.
- Customers’ legal due diligence, capacity and signing authorities checks, issuing legal opinions.
- Preparing reports on legal risks identified in a specific deal.
- Coordinating external legal counsels (if involved) for transactional purposes.
- Monitoring legislative developments.
- English law qualification. Additional Russian law qualification as an advantage.
- Experience as a lawyer in big commodity trading houses. Additional experience in law firms, banking institutions as an advantage.
- 8 – 12 years PQE.
- Experience in legal support of commercial trading and structured commodities finance transactions.
- Experience in disputes resolution and dealing with problem cases in commodities (optional).
- Fluent in English and Russian is mandatory.
- Strong drafting skills.