Place: Abidjan - Cote D'Ivoire
Publication Date: 26/07/2021
For one of our clients, a well-established financial advisory firm focused on energy projects, we are seeking to recruit through our AWA (Ampersand World Africa) services, a Senior Associate / VP – Project Finance to be based in Abidjan.
- Manage and oversee the company’s advisory mandate and strategy implementation.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the company’s brand and advisory platform to enhance deal origination and execution capabilities.
- Interact and cooperate closely with international and regional stakeholders as well as market and industry groups.
- Lead M&A, Project Finance, or Strategic Advisory missions’ mandates.
- Be the main point of contact with clients and other counterparties.
- Work in collaboration with the communication team.
- Manage administrative tasks.
- MBA, Master 2 Degree or equivalent with a financial background (or business/engineering with good financial knowledge).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in advisory (investment bank, M&A/advisory boutique or transaction advisory services) or investment (investment fund or asset manager) in top tier firms.
- Previous experience in infrastructure or project finance in renewable energy sector is a plus.
- Strong management skills.
- Advanced financial modeling in Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of the energy sector and financing ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Extensive product knowledge across financing (and/or advisory) enabling to master the transactional issues of an infrastructure project (financial, fiscal, legal, and/or technical).
- Proven strong commercial skills and pragmatism in decision-making.
- Autonomous when monitoring the activity with the ability to identify and isolate doubtful points and pro-actively mobilize the necessary resources to sort it out.
- Excellent presentation skills.