Place: Geneva - Switzerland
Publication Date: 24/07/2022
Creation of a new role within the finance team of one of our clients. Our client is a company active in the trading of agricultural products mainly.
We are looking for an expert and senior profile in Trade Finance to be the Senior Trade Finance Officer within the team. Position based in Geneva. Experience in a trading company + banks would be ideal.
• Manage customer relationship (Banks/commodity producers)
• Execute approved transactions, negotiate terms & conditions monitor documentation process, compliance requirements, funding, and collateral
• Perform due diligence, financial analysis, and credit assessment (together with the credit department).
• Set up appropriate structure, ensure support of deals to risk committee
• Deals cover mainly agricultural products internationally and include secured/unsecured facilities, term loan, pre-crop, pre-export, inventory, credit insurance, unfunded risk participation, and syndicated deals
• Supervise the Issuance of L/C’s for our purchases and requesting L/Cs for our to facilitate transactional finance
• Supervise the operations department with documents presentations against settlement of transactions
• All tasks performed within the parameters, controls and procedures established under Risk Management Group policies
• Around 5-7 years or equivalent preferably within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a good understanding of the principals surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls
• Basic knowledge of accounting systems
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel)
• Accurate & precise
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Highly motivated, able to ensure tight deadlines
• Team Player
• Have a perfect command of English